Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dumpster Diving!!!

Tuesday night Ryan, Austin, Josh and I went dumpster diving around Kent. People's leases are up today so they are moving out so that new students can move in. As a result, students are throwing EVERYTHING out! Some of the things we got:

Beautiful IKEA bookshelf
Two vacuums (one working, one... not so much)
A reclining couch
A bar with leather accents
A FULL bottle of rasberry vodka
A barely burnt candle
Cleaning products (Fabreez, 409, Windex)
A fancy office chair
A aerobed.. no holes!
A nice arm chair
Rubermaid container on wheels as tall as me!
3 nice rugs
A brand new mop bucket
Couple lamps
A nice dresser

And maybe more... I cant remember it all... Its so amazing what we found, and a sad reminder of how wasteful so many people are! All of that stuff listed above would have ended up in a landfill for hundreds of years... and maybe it still will one day, but at least for a while we kept it all out.

1 comment:

nalyd14 said...

Dood I would safe any kind of Vodka from a landfill any day...lol...my friends n I went dumpster diving last night actually around Chapel Hill...not a lot of big stuff but found a lot of thrown away clothes at Plato's Closet. Hopefully gonna hit up the Goodwill tonight.. every time I've hit there its been pretty darn good.