Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe


Tonight I went and saw the Nicholas Sparks adaptation of his book, "Nights in Rodanthe", starring Richard Gere and Diane Lane. For all you Nicholas Sparks fans,
this is the 4th book to film!
-Message in a Bottle
-A Walk to Remember
-The Notebook
-Nights in Rodanthe
(I dont think I am missing any... am I?)

Is the movie worth seeing you may ask?

Yes, would be my answer, however, I must advise, I am a sucker for stereotypical chick flicks! (My friend Mark says I like every movie, so my opinions don't hold much weight... but I respectfully disagree!) Gere is his "hunky" self, and Lane was truly believable in her character.

Was this a chick flick, yes, I'll admit, but it was also sad, touching, and full of growth and forgiveness. It seems that Nicholas Sparks... at least in the books I've read... whether intentionally or not, has written some sort of biblical message into the story. Forgiveness, acceptance, redemption, trust, surrendering, are all themes I have seen in the books.
If you want to purchase some of these books, here are a couple I have read and would recommend:



Warning: if you cry easily (and I do!), please be sure to bring tissues, so you don't end up wiping your snot and tears on the shoulder of the person next to you - whether you know them or not! -


Alright, that's all that I'll say about the movie... you can go see it for yourself!

Highlight of the day:
Made my first Etsy sale! Sold a scarf that I recently crocheted! Its pretty neat that someone wants to buy something that I created!

No comments: