Sunday, January 30, 2011

Debt


I'm in a lot of debt. I've gotten out of a lot of debt, but I still have a lot to get through. I was pretty stupid right out of high school, got a lot of credit cards, a lot of student loans, and ignored them all. Hence, the $40,000 of debt i accrued as a 21 year old.

On the bright side, the last payment of my debt consolidation loan is February 11th. This has been 5 years in the making, and I made it. I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to be so happy about it, and I guess I am, but I am also reserved, as I know there is still more to pay off. I have one large card to still work on, and student loans, but after that, (approx. 2 years from now) I will be done. DONE!!! I have learned so much these last 6 years, and I know I will still learn much more in regards to finance.

I have this to say to young people: Dont bite off more than you can chew, dont live beyond your means. Save. Save. Save. Dont charge it. I know its so much easier said than done, but just be smart (which is what I thought I was doing) and dont go into debt too fast. Its not worth it. I promise :)

***if anyone wants the link for my debt management program : Genesis Financial they were incredible and so helpful time and time again.


No comments: